Thirty-One Gifts Donates 250,000 Gifts To Today Toy Drive - WCMH: News, Weather, and Sports for Columbus, Ohio
Thirty-One will be giving one of the largest donations to the Today Show this morning in the 9 o'clock hour. I love working with an organization that gives back :)
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Friday, August 9, 2013
Take a picture of yourself using a Thirty-One product and either tag me on Facebook (Nikki Outten) post it on my group page www.facebook.com/NikkiOutten, tag me on Twitter @StarfishLiving or Instagram @NikkiOutten by August 15th.
One person will be randomly selected to win. Feel free to invite your friends to join in :)
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Fuel Up to Play 60 Grant
Deadline:There are two funding application deadlines left during the 2011-12 school year:
- February 1, 2012
- June 1, 2012 (If approved for funding, the money will be distributed after June 30, 2012, and will count toward the school’s funding for the 2012-13 school year.
What is the purpose of the Funds?
The purpose of Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 is to help your school increase:
- student awareness of the importance of healthy eating and increased physical activity;
- student access to and consumption of nutrient-rich foods, including low-fat and fat-free dairy, fruits, vegetables and whole grains;
- student opportunities for and participation in physical activity in school;
- sustainable changes in making your school a healthier place.
Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 may be used to support a range of different program-related activities. Perhaps you need funding to help implement specific Healthy Eating or Physical Activity Plays. The Fuel Up to Play 60 Playbook provides dozens of possible Plays, or action strategies, your school can use or adapt – or you can develop your own Plays.
Additionally, you might ask for Funds to help with project expenses, equipment or other out-of-pocket costs. Or perhaps you want funding to assist with the costs of general program initiatives, such as promotion, student engagement and motivation, staff engagement, family engagement and outreach and/or tracking and measurement.
Whether you’re requesting Funds to help with specific Plays or to support general program initiatives, you must explain how you’re addressing both healthy eating and physical activity in your Fuel Up to Play 60 program.
Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60
Up to $4,000 per year is available to any qualifying K-12 school enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60. The competitive, nationwide funding program can help your school jumpstart and sustain healthy nutrition and physical activity improvements.
Whether you’re just starting out with Fuel Up to Play 60 or looking to expand and extend an initiative that’s already in motion, Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 can help.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINE:2/1/2012
Schools applying for Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 must:
- Be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 for the 2011-12 school year (if your school is not enrolled, enroll here)
- Participate in the National School Lunch Program
- Complete and submit an online Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 application form (download a PDF of the application form here)
- Complete the School Wellness Investigation (schools may work on the funding application before completing the School Wellness Investigation, but before the funding application may be submitted, the School Wellness Investigation must be completed and submitted online)
- Have support and involvement from the school principal, school nutrition professional, lead physical education teacher and the school’s Fuel Up to Play 60 Program Advisor
There are four funding application deadlines during the 2011-12 school year:
- October 1, 2011
- December 1, 2011
- February 1, 2012
- June 1, 2012 (If approved for funding, the money will be distributed after June 30, 2012, and will count toward the school’s funding for the 2012-13 school year.)
Schools may submit an application during more than one funding cycle per school year. The total amount of money awarded for the 2011-12 school year (June/October/December 2011 and February 2012 deadlines) can be up to $4,000. The request for funds in the June 1, 2012, application deadline can be up to $4,000 and will count toward the school’s funding for the 2012-13 school year.
To apply, please visit: Fuel up to Play 60